Advocacy Time! Solve M.E. is supporting a second legislation now: the Pandemic Response Centers of Excellence Act.
This will fund 10 centers of excellence for research and treatment. We have a chance to try to get our Members of Congress to be original co-sponsors (deadline: Tuesday for Senate, Wednesday for House) so I’ve put together the below attached email & call scripts. Please take some time early this week to reach out if you can. I really think we have a chance to have someone from Colorado delegation do this.
I don’t have all the details but Solve is involved so ME will surely have a seat at the table as it were. The summary is:
The COVID-19 and Pandemic Response Centers of Excellence Act and its accompanying appropriations request would provide federal resources needed to support academic medical centers’ cutting-edge research, education, patient care, and community outreach as we continue to fight COVID-19 and better position the United States to swiftly respond to any other emerging public health threats. Namely, COVID-19 and Pandemic Response Centers of Excellence would seek to facilitate and expedite their proactive work on:·
* COVID-19 patient care and survivor recovery
* Mental health resources for frontline healthcare workers
* Combatting health care disparities and promoting health equity
* More robust public health endangerment research and education
* Future readiness to conduct diverse clinical trial research and vaccine research.